Over Christmas break, a friend of my Mom's gave her this quick & easy recipe, so I had to give it a try. Hence, the name "Reindeer Poop". The family LOVES them. I am now in charge of making them for every occasion.
A few weekends ago, we hosted a bridal shower for my beautiful cousin, Misty.
[Misty & Matt. Wedding date: June 5, 2010]
Her wedding colors are hot pink & lime green. So, in order to stay with her theme, this was the final product.
[yes, I did transfer them from this colorful platter to something a little less colorful!]
Ok, so here is the recipe:
- 1 pack of double stuff Oreos
- 1 package [8 oz.] of cream cheese
- white chocolate chips [or whatever flavored icing/chocolate you'd like]
- Put all of the Oreos into a gallon sized zip-lock bag.
- With some type of beater [the palm of your hand, the end of a spatula, or if you have a meat tenderizer that'll work too], beat the bag until the Oreos are finely crushed.
- Transfer them into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add room-temperature cream cheese to the cookies and mix well. It will become a little gushy. This is good.
- Dip with a spoon and roll into small balls, placing the finished balls on a baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate chips. Dip with a spoon and ice the top of the balls.
- Refrigerate afterwards till chocolate/icing has hardened.