Friday, March 19, 2010

Bridal Expo 2010

This past February, the Savannah Civic Center hosted their 20th anniversary GA Bridal Show. Walking up, there was a line of "to-be" bride's with their hot pink Bride sticker displayed for recognition, some with their fiances and several with friends and family members, wrapped around the side of the building (you can somewhat see the line in the background of this picture!).
Inside, booths consisted of information regarding honeymoons, wedding registry's, photographers/videographers, caterers/wedding planners, d.j.'s, and even dental whitening, royal restrooms, and some device that shrinks your tummy. A little overwhelmed,
me, my wedding planners [my mom & cousin Rhonda] alongside my soon to be mother-in-law, April, all grabbed a free Publix bag from the entrance table and began making our way through one booth at a time. In the end, I was a little disappointed upon realizing that there was only one cake caterer: Publix; A ton of photographers, all of which I had never even heard of [and believe me, I've done my research]; and ZERO florists [except for one silk arrangement that a "wedding coordinator" brought]. I guess I had different expectations of what this show would've consisted of upon arriving, huh? I assumed there would be a ton of various flower arrangements and ideas, cake tasting gallore, photographers that were on the online list to be there, etc. BUT, don't get me wrong. That didn't stop us from having a good time and getting a LOT of FREEEEE stuff. After all, that's the best part, isn't it?! It was still a fun outing with the girls and an overall nice experience.
Prior to the show, we stopped at Mellow Mushroom for a bite to eat. Perfect "photo opportunity" as my Mom would say. Soo... here we are :)
From left to right: April (Cliff's Step-Mom), Me, Rhonda, & my Mom, Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment