Thursday, October 14, 2010

thankful thursday ♥


{1} Late last night my Dad called me up to tell me a few things, one of which I was incredibly shocked to hear. I don't know the full story, just bits & pieces, but a high school friend of mine, Aaron, was supposedly playing pool Saturday night when someone slammed him down on either the pool table or the floor..not really sure! But, I do know that he received a skull fracture and has some hemorrhaging taking place inside the brain. I immediately came home and messages his Mother on FB last night to tell her of my concern and that I would be praying for them. She wrote me back within minutes and let me know that the doctor had just left saying that the skull CT showed the blood clot had decreased in size, which was a definite answered prayer but that Aaron was still in LOTS of pain from the incident. I am thankful he is stable at the moment and things weren't any worse than they are! Please join in & say a quick prayer for a full recovery!
 {this is Aaron}


{2} I am thankful I have the day off today! I really need the alone time to sit down and focus on studying for an OB test next Tuesday!

{3} I am thankful that ALL 33 miners were rescued safely in Chile! What an amazing thing!


{4} I am thankful that Dad, Mom, and I had a safe trip to and from Atlanta {3.5-4 hours away} for my first dress fitting! It fit as snug as a bug in a rug! Seriously, that's exactly what I felt like. Sure hope I steer clear of those extra few pounds this holiday season ;)

{5} I am thankful for prayer & just how powerful it really is. These special people are asking for prayers to be sent to them & their families: Meredith, Ashley, Jessica, & Aaron {mentioned above}.

{6} I am thankful for these special people in my life!

{Cliff}
 {parents}

 {brother}
 {best friends}



Happy Thursday Y'all! ♥

6 comments:

  1. You're making me cry! Thank you for your prayers! Prayer is very powerful!

    *That is absolutely awful about Aaron. I can't imagine why someone would do that. Especially to him. That's so sad!
    *VERY happy to read your dress fit perfect. Unlike myself, you don't seem to put any pounds on! You always look amazing! I bet that was so exciting to try it on! :D
    *You should be thankful for all those people in your life, because they are all great people! I love the last picture of you and Brooke! Your dress is too cute! :D

    THank again Caitlin! I'm thankful we both started blogging! ;)
    ♥jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your friend :(

    Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your friend Aaron, but glad some prayers were answered!!!

    I am so thankful for all the Chilie miners being rescued as well!

    I can't wait to see your wedding dress, you will be a beautiful bride!!

    Happy Thursday!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your friend but thankful he is ok.

    I hope all of the wedding plans are going good!

    Hope you have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're such a sweet girl :)

    I'll be praying for your friend Aaron.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even with the sad...but encouraging news about your friend this was a very uplifting post. I was riveted to the TV when they were bringing the miners up (and I was on vacation!). Thanks for entering the Crafty Cierra giveaway and following...I am a new follower here too!

    ReplyDelete