Sunday, June 10, 2012

Week 14


These updates are going to be a little more detailed than the last series.

How far along? 14 Weeks

Baby Size? At week 14, baby is 3.4 inches and 1.5 ounces, he's almost doubled in weight since last week and keeps on growing.




Total Weight Gain/Loss? 4lbs

Maternity Clothes? Not yet, but I am on the search for some good, decently priced maternity stores! Any recommendations are welcome!
Stretch Marks? None so far. I've been rubbing the belly butter in threatened areas a few times per week.

Sleep? Already uncomfortable. The problem is, I sleep on my stomach. It's the only way I can go to sleep and the position I sleep in for probably 90% of the night. I can tell a difference already in my belly, which makes it uncomfortable to lay flat. I've been using an extra pillow and propping half of my stomach up on the edge of it. Regardless, I'm tossing and turning constantly.

Best Moment this Week? Cliff kissed my belly for the 1st time.

Miss anything? Nope.

Movement? None.

Food Cravings? Not anything in particular. I've been loving Japanese food & apple juice.

Anything make you sick or queasy? Nope.

Have you started to show yet? Yes. Cliff and I can definitely tell. Other people say, "you can tell a little bit".

Gender? We both would prefer to have a boy first. But, we are just wishing and praying for a healthy baby.. we don't care about the gender!

Labor signs? None.

Belly Button in or out? In as of now.

Wedding Rings on or off? On.

Happy or Moody? Happy, I would say. Just tired... which I guess could make me moody when I don't get my sleep!

Looking forward to? Feeling the baby kick!

9 comments:

  1. So fun, I kind of wish I would have done this so I could look back, but unfortunately I didn't.

    I got the majority of my maternity clothes from motherhood maternity (they normally have really good sales) and also from Target. They're both reasonably priced (in my opinion) and have all held up really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was pregnant about 6 years ago with my daughter, I shopped at motherhood maternity. And I kept a few things over the years, things that wouldnt really go out of style, like the jeans and a few shirts, and they are definitely my saving grace this time around. Im 14 weeks preggo too! Definitely crazy to see all of the different experiences people have that are around the same due date as me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog on Stilettos & a fishing pole! I had my 1st baby 10/31/2011. When I first found out I thought I was 9 weeks based on my last period, but when I went to the Dr. he was measuring 7 weeks & then at my next appt. he weighed 2 weeks ahead of time-reminded me of your experience!! Good luck & enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was obsessed with apple juice when pregnant with Brody!! I remember even right after I had him I kept asking for apple juice, haha.

    I love alot of old navy's maternity clothes- love their jeans ( flare and long length yay). I got alot from motherhood too and I love Targets maternity tank tops, my fav!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! Congrats! Old Navy has the best maternity things I think... a lot of non maternity clothes from Target are STILL fitting me and I'm 7 months along. I just bought a size up -- maxi dresses, tees, tanks, they are the best from Target!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are adorable pregnant!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My GOODNESSSS Cait!!! I figured I quit texting you as I read this post so I can save some LOVE for commenting - Your belly... SO.SO.SO.soooo CUTE!!!!! I love it - &&& as I already told you, I completely melted when read, "Cliff kissed my belly for the first time" - Ahhhh, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look too cute!

    I've been craving apple juice this week too! As for maternity clothes...I've been trying to buy non maternity things that are loose fitting (flowy tops, maxi dresses, skirts with stretchy waists) and Old Navy and Target have a good finds! Their maternity stuff is pretty well priced too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that he kissed your baby belly :-)

    ReplyDelete