Friday, July 2, 2010

Five Question Friday!

It's finally Friday folks! 

I've waited on this day allllll week long. Let me tell you a why. 
My hubby-to-be has been gone for almost two weeks out of town working in Washington D.C. Today Although I have got A LOT of wedding stuff planned, I have been missing him incredibly! On Thursday afternoon, we have a local auction take place in town. It is awesome. 
Seriously. I'm obsessed with antique stuff. I guess the saying is true for me "one man's junk is another man's treasure". 
Anywho, onto my story. Yesterday afternoon, I rush off of work and head home with the pedal mashed to the floor. I'm soo excited. My parents are going to meet me up there, everything. It is sooo terribly hot up there, so I come home to change my clothes. As I pull in, I see Cliff's truck parked in the back yard. ...? I'm expecting him home today [Friday]. 

He had bought a train ticket early Monday to leave out at 9:55am and return home at 9:00 in Savannah this evening. So when I see his truck yesterday evening, I'm like ....ok, who has got Cliff's truck? His dad? I walk inside, to the bedroom, and there he is. He had played me ALL day long! 

At 6:30am Thursday morn, he called me to tell me they were on the way to work. A few hours later I get a text "36 hours" [meaning 36 hours till I'm home]. I call him at lunch and he says "yea, we just knocked off for lunch and we're headed to Chick-fil-a to grab a bite". Then, I get off work...give him a ring again...and he says "well, we just got off of work and we're on the way to the hotel to start packing for tomorrow". I go on about where I need to pick him up, what time he is leaving out...etc,etc. 

He was on the way home the ENTIRE time. How good is he? I was impressed.

But totalllllllyyyy HAPPY! He's great :)

Ok, now onto Five Question Friday:



to play, copy these questions on a new post, then head on over to Mama M's and link up.

1. What is one thing you miss the most about childhood? getting everything paid for. life isn't cheap now-a-days, that's for sure!

2. Are you still friends with your friends from high school? I am. For the most part, every one is still around our same little town. Some have went off to college in other parts of GA, but have recently ventured back home.

3. Is there a catch phrase, cliche, or word that just drives you bonkers every time you hear it? "G.D." I can't STAND to hear it. It gives me chills every time. I say a little prayer under my breath for the Lord to forgive the poor soul who said it.

4. What is one thing that you think symbolizes America...besides "Old Glory"? anything red, white, & blue, the Statue of Liberty, walking outside and knowing you live in a FREEEE country, and most of all, the soldiers that fight for our freedom daily. We are oh so thankful for each and every one of you.

5. What are your 4th of July weekend plans? Tonight we are going bull frog hunting/gigging with friends, tomorrow morning I'll be spraying yards w/ Cliff, then heading over to Ossabaw or either St. Catherine's Island on my jet ski to meet the family, possibly heading to the Coast Saturday night to meet up with some old friends of Cliff's from high school, & Sunday is left unplanned as of now :) 


Hope everyone has a FABULOUS 4th!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love old/antique furniture too! How sweet of him to surprise you! Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete